|Job Title:||Vice President & Associate General Counsel|
|Job Category:||General Corporate / Commercial [ View All General Corporate Jobs ]|
|*Manages and oversees the development of company’s commercial legal team providing support and direction to the business in an effort to ensure that all plans and actions are consistent with internal policies and applicable law. *Provides legal assistance to the General Counsel and other members of the executive team by analyzing and recommending strategies and/or practical solutions to achieve business goals while maintaining acceptable level of risk (e.g., negotiating key contractual provisions, overseeing operational compliance with laws, including import/export and environmental matters, and assisting with complex litigation matters). *Collaborates with all operational units to coordinate common work initiatives and develop efficient workflow processes, policies and guidelines.
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 65240
Under the direction of the SVP, General Counsel, the VP & Associate General Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs will support the General Counsel in leading the legal function and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the policies set by the General Counsel and the organization. Manages a wide range of commercial and compliance aspects of the Legal department on a day-to-day basis, guides and develops the staff, monitors the department’s implementation processes and strategies and is responsible for providing legal advice to the General Counsel and to the organization. This is a high-visibility, leadership position within the Legal Department of a sophisticated multinational S&P 500 corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages and oversees the development of Skyworks’ commercial legal team providing support and direction to the business in an effort to ensure that all plans and actions are consistent with internal policies and applicable law.
• Provides legal assistance to the General Counsel and other members of the executive team by analyzing and recommending strategies and/or practical solutions to achieve business goals while maintaining acceptable level of risk (e.g., negotiating key contractual provisions, overseeing operational compliance with laws, including import/export and environmental matters, and assisting with complex litigation matters).
• Collaborates with all operational units to coordinate common work initiatives and develop efficient workflow processes, policies and guidelines.
• Oversees the commercial law team and advises the organization in structuring and negotiating a variety of commercial transactions, including customer and vendor-facing contracts, sourcing/procurement, real estate, environmental/facilities, technology transactions, acquisitions, financings, securitizations and investments.
• Manages litigation, regulatory inquiries and dispute resolution, including selecting and supervising outside counsel and implementing litigation and settlement strategies.
• Manages the global trade compliance function and team, including responsibility for import, export and sanctions compliance.
• Occupies a leadership role in mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, deal negotiation and documentation and integration.
• Provides strategic advice and support on matters related to regulatory compliance and government affairs.
• Works closely with Finance and Human Resources to implement policies and procedures appropriate for a multinational public company.
• Conducts training to ensure global compliance with applicable law and Skyworks’ policies.
• Represents the best interest of Skyworks and serves as an advocate in all legal and non-legal forums.
• Works with outside counsel as appropriate in areas or matters of responsibility and ensures that matters are handled efficiently and within the legal department budget.
• Maintains knowledge on international, federal and state regulations governing the organization’s industry in general and the organization in particular.
• Establishes policies, procedures and practices that minimize company liability.
• Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine departmental progress toward stated goals and objectives.
• Confers with executive management and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
• Participates on committees and special projects as necessary.
• Manages a team of attorneys and other legal and compliance professionals located in various Skyworks locations worldwide.
• Hires, trains, manages and develops attorneys to include conducting performance reviews and employee engagement.
• Understanding of Legal Operations, including the ability to select, implement and use information systems in support of Legal Department activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Law degree from an accredited law school
• 15+ years legal experience
• 5+ years management/leadership experience
• Corporate law experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to analyze, identify, solve problems using sound judgment, develop and implement effective solutions
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively convey information to individuals or groups. This includes the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
• Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
• Ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects. Ability to regularly communicate progress to appropriate stake holders. Efficiently manages resources and understands work/project scope, key players, urgency, inherent risks and business benefits.
• Ability to consistently carry out job responsibilities to meet deadlines. Ability to deliver on commitments as promised and able to acknowledge when commitments are not met and takes appropriate steps to fulfill what has been promised.
• Strong coaching and leadership skills
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently
• Ability to anticipate, understand and manage customer expectations and consistent delivery of services.
• Considerable knowledge of legal issues facing business leadership.
• Ability to relate effectively with all levels of the organization, including senior executives.
• Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 20% of the time.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Executive, VP, Network, Information Systems, Procurement, Management, Technology, Operations
Vice President & Associate General Counsel
Location: Irvine, CA, US
in house jobs, go in house with jdhuntr in house jobs, in house jobs California, in-house jobs CA, in house counsel jobs DC, in house counsel jobs Florida, in house counsel jobs NY, in-house legal jobs, legal jobs Los Angeles, legal jobs New York, legal jobs, law jobs, corporate counsel jobs, corporate lawyer jobs, general counsel jobs, lawyer jobs California, in-house jobs TX, in-house jobs NJ, in-house jobs IL, in-house jobs San Francisco, in-house jobs GA
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Job Location:||Irvine, Orange County, CA USA|