In House Jobs JDHuntr Contracts Counsel, Temporary
|Job Category:||General Corporate [ View All General Corporate Jobs ]|
|*Identify and mitigate business and legal risks in prospective and existing contracts and ensure the necessary internal approvals from management have been obtained. *Review, draft, and negotiate a diverse range of corporate and transactional agreements and documents. *Review and analyze RFPs and customer contractual templates in support of company's businesses.
Safran is seeking a Contracts Counsel to support the team for three to four months. The Contracts Counsel is responsible for supporting the business divisions of Safran in the negotiation of commercial contracts. This position supports all stages of the contract negotiation process, from the initial request-for-proposal through signing and closing. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of legal issues and to negotiate contracts relating to a diverse set of products, services, customers and suppliers. The Contracts Counsel works closely with the Safran legal team and the leadership of Safran's business divisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and mitigate business and legal risks in prospective and existing contracts and ensure the necessary internal approvals from management have been obtained.
• Review, draft, and negotiate a diverse range of corporate and transactional agreements and documents.
• Review and analyze RFPs and customer contractual templates in support of Safran's businesses.
• Support the performance of existing contracts by interpreting and ensuring compliance with contract provisions.
• Ability to negotiate, draft, review, and revise contractual documents at a high-volume capacity.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
• Strong understanding of corporate law and contractual principles.
• Customer-focused with the capacity to resolve moderately complex contracting issues with creative solutions while meeting Safran requirements for risk mitigation.
• Ability to perform multiple assignments simultaneously and to organize and prioritize job duties effectively with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
• Business acumen with the ability to recognize risk elements in business transactions and to understand the products or services that are the subject matter of a contract.
• Ability to interact effectively and in a professional and supportive manner with persons in all job responsibilities and from all backgrounds.
• Five or more years of combined law firm or in-house experience.
• Law degree from an accredited law school required.
• Licensed to practice law in New York, Texas or other U.S. state.
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally when appropriate.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and similar software applications.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Contracts Counsel - Temporary
Irving , Texas , United States
More than 5 years
in house jobs, go in house with jdhuntr in house jobs, in house counsel jobs, in-house jobs CA, General Counsel jobs, in house counsel jobs DC, in house counsel jobs Florida, in house counsel jobs NY, Entertainment business affairs counsel, legal jobs, legal jobs Los Angeles, legal jobs New York, legal jobs, law jobs, corporate counsel jobs, corporate lawyer jobs, general counsel jobs, lawyer jobs California, in-house jobs TX, in-house jobs NJ, in-house jobs IL, in-house jobs San Francisco, in-house jobs GA, government contacts, amazon legal jobs, apple legal jobs, amazon in house jobs, chief of staff, Litigation Counsel, General Corporate, Chief of Staff
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Job Location:||Irving, TX USA|